Anatomy of a Browning Cap
In the world of cap making, the way a cap closes in the back has become a big thing. Over the years there have been many fancy systems. In recent years most caps have returned to the popular plastic snap closure. Most Browning caps have plastic snaps.
These are the basic choices:
- Plastic snap (easy, fast, durable, comfortable)
- Adjustable hook and loop (it offers precise adjustments to fit)
- Adjustable fabric tuck strap with slide closure (you often see this on caps for golfers)
- Leather strap with metal buckle and grommet.
- Fitted caps. No closure type. Most of our fitted caps have some significant elastic "give" but you still need to be close to your head size for the best comfort.
Caps generally have a half-circle opening to allow for the strap on whatever adjustment system is used.