TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.
Technical Service Agent
Posted July 18, 2019
The Browning Service and Distribution Center located in Arnold, Missouri is searching for a full-time Technical Service Agent to join our team and provide top-notch service to our customers over the phone, via email and in the future, on line chat. This position requires someone who is outgoing, organized, friendly and who enjoys interacting with consumers to answer questions, solve problems and provide education while maintaining our company’s reputation for high-quality service.
The duties performed in this position require technical knowledge of Browning and Winchester firearms products. Avid hunting and shooting experience will provide a solid background allowing the agent to answer questions posed during a technical call. Additional on-the-job product training will be provided through printed literature, product classes and sales meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Learn and maintain updated technical knowledge of Browning and Winchester firearms including outdoor- style products.
- Provide information and instructions about these products to customers.
- Make product and service suggestions to meet the customer’s specific needs.
- Ensure all service calls from customers result in returned phone calls, follow through, and resolved issues.
- Adapt and use new technologies as needed.
- Learn all Browning and Winchester products in order to process customer questions and sales orders.
- Attend consumer/dealer shows as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships.
- Positive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years customer service experience.
- Experienced MS Office Suites user plus Oracle database knowledge is useful.
- Hunting and/or shooting experience.
We offer a competitive wage along with an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and have a drug free working environment. A complete background screening and drug screening will be required after a job offer is given to the selected candidate.
If you would like to work for the Browning Service and Distribution Center and you believe your skills and abilities meet our requirements, please send in your resume to email@example.com .
Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the Browning brand, its products, markets and mission. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Browning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Inventory Accounting Manager
Posted July 12 2019
Browning is seeking an Inventory Accounting Manager who is a highly detailed individual with an Accounting education/background with inventory/cost accounting experience using GAAP. The Inventory Accounting Manager will report to the Company Controller and will lead the inventory accounting responsibilities. Other accounting responsibilities will be as assigned by the Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Daily maintenance and monitoring the inventory accounting system within Oracle Financials
- Item set-up – Spec numbers, UPC, item categories, cost schedules, price lists and discounts.
- MRP parameters maintenance – Interface between product management and information systems to set up and maintain forecasting and purchasing item attributes.
- Cycle counting – Implementation and maintenance of cycle counting procedures.
- Yearend physical inventory – oversee yearly physical inventory in Missouri, Utah, and Canada locations.
- Inventory reporting – Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances.
- Inventory Costing – Verify accurate standard costs
- Assist in month end closing procedures and provide timely inventory financial data to managers within the company. Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger, calculate purchase price variances and prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Monitor and oversee the WM’s are in sync with the ERP.
- Research cost variances and supply a variance report.
- Excise tax – Assist in calculating and maintaining excise tax per item and provide list to appropriate personnel.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE FACTORS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- The right candidate will show the ability for attention to detail. The position requires diligently checking their work to ensure all essential details have been considered; notices errors or inconsistencies that have been missed, and takes prompt, thorough action to correct errors.
- The right candidate will have the ability to follow written and verbal directions; comply with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- The right candidate will have the ability to use information, knowledge, and beliefs to generate original innovative solutions to problems; can reframe problems in a different light to find fresh approaches; can critically review, analyze, synthesize and compare/interpret information; can use inductive and deductive reasoning ability to perform their responsibilities successful; understands the principles underlying the relationship among the facts and applies this understanding when solving problems.
- The right candidate takes responsibility for accomplishing work goals within accepted timeframes; accepts responsibility for one’s decisions and actions, and attempts to learn from mistakes.
- The right candidate knows how to treat others with honesty, fairness and respect; is trustworthy, dependable, and makes decisions that are objective and reflect the just treatment of others.
- The right candidate is a team player, the ability to work as part of a team, has a strong work ethic, and is conscientious with his tasks and assignments.
- The right candidate understands financial standards, and is committed to following those standards.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Access.
- Oracle Financial applications a plus.
Posted June 4, 2019
This position is responsible for measuring and analyzing parts to print conformance using a variety of inspection equipment. The person applying for this position must have the ability to program and run a CMM utilizing PC-DMIS software, and requires efficiency in blueprint reading, metrology, and GD&T. Some assistance with product qualification may be necessary. Having a knowledge of firearms, their classifications, action type/option, some mechanical understanding, plus one who enjoys, supports and has a passion for the firearms industry is very important.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Inspect and measure finished products, components, or assemblies to verify adherence to specifications.
- Perform inspections using calipers, height gauges, micrometers, bore gauges, optical comparator, etc.
- Read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, geometric dimensioning, and tolerances.
- Program and run CMM (PC-DMIS).
- Willingness to offer assistance to the Quality Manager on technical matters.
- Communicate and develop a positive relationship with internal and external employees and customers.
- Conform to strict standards and procedures. Be respectfully firm in communicating those standards to others involved in the processes.
- Some international and domestic travel may be required.
- All other duties as required/assigned.
COMPETENCY BASED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to zoom in to detail quickly and accurately. Checks information, picks up inconsistencies and mistakes, and can make detailed comparisons between similar sources.
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations. Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems, and sets own standards above prevailing standards. Shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities.
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships. Interacts confidently, and reads situations. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions. Collaborative. Manages potentially difficult relationships.
- Makes effective use of organizational systems and processes. Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues, and applies learning to new situations.
- Prioritizes tasks. Makes realistic estimates of time and resource requirements. Monitors progress.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year certificate from college or technical school and 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Efficiency in Microsoft office software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to take initiative and be self-motivating. Working with other team members and developing positive working relationships is essential. The position requires high organization, and someone that has the aptitude to learn while on the job. This position requires someone that is a team player; someone that can be consistent and reliable.
Knowledge of firearms, their classifications, action type/option, some mechanical understanding, and one who enjoys/supports and has a passion for the firearms industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position may include the employee to endure a high volume of repetitive shooting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions both heat and cold. On occasion may be exposed to loud noise.
FURTHER EXPLANATION OF JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Interaction and interference
Tolerance stack up analysis
Browning Cash Applications Clerk
Posted May 21, 2019
Browning, an industry leader in the Shooting and Hunting Outdoor industry, is seeking an entry level candidate who can bring their background in administrative support with some financial background and experience to this position.
Under the direction of the Credit Department Supervisor, this position will be responsible for all activities related to the cash applications duties. This position receives and applies payment to specific invoices as indicated by the remitter in a timely manner through the use of a computer terminal so that accounts receivable balances are correct and up-to-date.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- As a main responsibility, this position applies incoming cash to Browning dealer accounts to clear invoices. Learning dealer terms and conditions is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Ensures all cash batches accumulated during the month are accurately applied to dealer accounts in order for month end statements to be processed on time.
- Prepares and balances the credit card lock box batches, and posts the payments to dealer/non-dealer accounts.
- Makes cash adjustments on non-dealer and dealer accounts to assist credit managers in reconciliation of accounts.
- Serves as a backup for distribution of daily mail within the Credit Department.
- Works with Credit Managers to create transaction credit or debit memos as needed on the dealer/non-dealer accounts.
- Sets up dealers in the Oracle system under direction of the National Credit Manager and creates a permanent file for each.
- Serves as a backup to cashier with balancing of kitchen till and bank deposits.
- Serves as backup for sorting and processing of out-going invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY BASED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to 'zoom in' to detail quickly and accurately. Checks information picks up inconsistencies and mistakes. Can make detailed comparisons between similar sources.
- Socially capable and interacts confidently. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions. Collaborative.
- Uses grammar, vocabulary and style to describe situations, ideas, instructions etc. Structures communication logically. Listens, responds to prompts, and summarizes.
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships. Actively develops networks. Manages potentially difficult relationships.
- Is aware of how he/she is received by others. Is able to manage emotions in a positive way. Is aware of relative strengths/weaknesses.
- Responds effectively to clear direction and follows set procedures. Solves immediate problems escalating where appropriate. Sees individual tasks through to completion.
The ideal candidate will possess a high school degree or GED with 1-3 years of related work experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software application, but more specifically have an excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
For Browning and our other Product Lines
Browning does not have employment opportunities for sales representative positions. Sales representatives are employed by independent sales companies throughout the United States with whom we have sales and marketing agreements.
Openings at the sales companies are extremely limited. If you have questions regarding their staffing needs, please contact the sales company directly. If you choose to submit a resume, please be aware that the sales companies have limited resources, and will only respond if there is an opening and your resume meets their qualifications.
The address and phone number information above is only updated periodically and is subject to changes at any time. In most cases, if the information above is not accurate, rep groups can be contacted by going directly to their websites using a Google search.