We do not store any personal information as you navigate our website. Only aggregated browsing information is saved to ensure the best website experience for all visitors. There are several services we provide that need specific information from you. Once those services, listed below, are used, your personal data is used strictly for fulfilling that service alone. You can choose to avoid these specific services to retain your anonymity.
We store names, addresses, and, if provided, phone numbers and e-mail addresses collected from these primary sources:
- Owner's Manual Requests **
- eBlast **
- e-Store purchases (transacting purchase) **
- Product Reviews **
- Purchase Confirmation* / **
- Rebate offers **
Owner's Manual Requests. Your name and shipping address are provided to our shipping company and used to ship your order. Providing your e-mail address or phone number is optional, but may be helpful should we need to clarify or provide information regarding your request.
eBlast is e-mailed to you only if you subscribe to the service online. You may unsubscribe to eBlast at any time by following the instructions on any e-mail sent from eBlast.
E-Commerce Checkout Your email, name, and shipping address are provided to our warehouse, online store, customer service, and shipping companies. They are used to ship your order, contact you with shipping updates and as a reference in case of a return or refund. During checkout, you can choose to receive Browning eBlast email marketing as well. Optionally, your phone number and other login information can be provided during checkout to be used to receive SMS text updates or to create a store account should you choose to do so. This information will only be used for these store fulfillment purposes.
- Browning Outdoor Products are available through our store only in the United States.
- If you have questions feel free to call the Browning customer service team here in Morgan, Utah at 801-876-2711 or 800-333-3288.
Only Browning Outdoor Products are available for purchase online. Firearms are not sold online by Browning and are sold only through federally licensed firearms dealers in accordance with all BATF regulations in the United States and applicable laws for guns sold in Canada. Browning International handles all other firearms sales worldwide.
Product Reviews Any information you provide when you leave a product review on our website will be used for that purpose only.
*Purchase Confirmation is available for specific Browning firearms products and is not required to validate any implied or written warranty requirements. You may confirm your purchase by filling out a form on the Browning Confirm Your Purchase Survey Site. Click here for information on how to confirm your purchase. Confirming your purchase enables us to collect personal contact information (as noted above), product data (model, date of purchase, intended use, etc.), as well as demographic and lifestyle information on Browning product owners. We study this marketing information to better serve your needs and interests.
We consider information on firearms and other product purchases (such as model, serial number, purchase date, price paid, etc.) strictly confidential and proprietary. This information is never shared with any third party except to contract with a specialized research agency to organize and quantify this information for our internal marketing analysis or at the specific written request of the Federal government through firearm trace requests or when otherwise required by law.
On the Purchase Confirmation form, you may have the opportunity to indicate interest in optional services and information through the use of “opt-in” boxes. “Opt-in” boxes have a default setting that will indicate no interest in the service or information. If you check an “opt-in” box, we consider this permission to perform the service or give the information described. There are several types of “opt-in” check boxes that may be available:
- You are given the opportunity to subscribe to Browning eBlast.
- You are given the opportunity to receive information on products or services that match your indicated hobbies or interests. If you check this “opt-in” box, we will provide your contact information to companies who produce the products of interest or provide information on products you may be interested in. (Please note that we have no control over the privacy policies of these companies.)
- From time-to-time, we will provide special opportunities to consumers who choose to fill out the Purchase Confirmation form. If you check this “opt-in” box, we will provide your contact information to the company offering the specific special offer. (Please note that we have no control over the privacy policies of these companies.)
** Information collected at these locations is purely voluntary and with specific permission (opt-in) from you.
Your privacy is important to us. At any time, you may modify or delete your personal information from any or all Browning databases by contacting our customer service department in Morgan, Utah.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California consumers with new rights regarding their personal information and imposes data protection responsibilities on certain entities that conduct business in California.
The law affords Californians several key rights, including rights to:
- Request information (data access)
- Opt out of the sale of personal information (a very broadly defined right to opt out of sharing of information with third parties)
- Have personal information deleted
- Be informed that personal information is being disclosed or sold
Each of these points is addressed by Browning in the policy above.
Also, to serve your interests more effectively, we provide relevant Web site links for your consideration. We have no control over the privacy policies of these linked sites and recommend you review the privacy statements of these companies carefully before providing them with any of your personal information. Further, linkage to these companies does not imply our endorsement of any non-Browning sites, their products, or services, nor does such linkage provide any access by these companies to any information you have provided to us.
At any time, you may modify or delete your personal information from any or all of the above Browning databases by contacting our customer service team.