BAR MK 3 DBM (Detachable Box Magazine)
$1,499.99 - $1,499.99
The roots of the Browning BAR run deep - going back to John M. Browning's first design for the U.S. military during the First World War. The sporting BAR's contemporary design offers shooters and hunters a lightweight semi-automatic rifle with refinements not present in the most popular modern sporting rifles, including a gas-piston design.
The BAR MK 3 DBM is a variation of the BAR design offering shooters a detachable box magazine with a magazine well instead of the standard hinged floor plate design. The DBM model also comes with QD swivel cups (QD sling swivels included), 1913 Picatinny rail scope bases, and an 18" hammer-forged barrel (an optimal length for a multipurpose rifle chambered in the venerable 308 Winchester cartridge).
- Accuracy -- Browning rifles consistently produce the most accurate shot groups in their class. This is due in large part to the quality of their barrels. The BAR is built around a hammer-forged barrel made in a thoroughly controlled and tested process.
- Function -- The BAR relies on a gas piston design to operate its lightweight action. The gas piston design mitigates shooter-perceived recoil and reduces excessive carbon residue that other modern gas-impingement designs vent into the moving parts of the action. Like most modern sporting rifles, the BAR utilizes a multi-lug rotary bolt - a component that allows for a lightweight alloy receiver.
- Feel -- The BAR MK 3 feels and handles like the purpose-built hunting rifle it is - lightweight, quick to shoulder and point. Add in the benefits of a well-designed semi-automatic, and you get quick follow-up shots and less perceived recoil than with your standard bolt-action hunting rifles.
- Receiver– Aircraft-grade alloy; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Barrel – Hammer-forged
- Action – Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Detachable box magazine with a magazine well; Composite trigger guard and floorplate; Crossbolt safety
- Stock – Composite; Matte black finish; Overmolded gripping panels; Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- Features – Sling swivel stud for bi-pod; QD swivel cups, swivels included
|Item Number 031054218||UPC 023614443537|
|Action Length Short Action||Caliber 308 Win|
|Barrel Length 18"||Overall Length 40 1/8"|
|Length of Pull 14 3/8"||Drop at Comb 5/8"|
|Drop at Heel 1 1/8"||Weight 7 lbs 6 oz|
|Magazine Capacity 10||Twist Rate 12"|
|Barrel Finish Matte Blued||Stock Finish Matte Black|
|Receiver Finish Matte Black||Chamber Finish Chrome Plated Chamber|
|Barrel Material Steel||Barrel Contour Sporter|
|Stock Material Composite||Recoil Pad Polymer|
|Pistol Grip Cap None||Checkering Overmolded Grip Panels|
|Sling Swivel Studs Steel Integral||Receiver Material Aluminum Alloy|
|Trigger Finish Gold Plated||Magazine Type Detachable|
|Trigger Material Alloy||Trigger Guard Material Composite|
|Trigger Guard Engraving Buck Mark in Gold||Floor Plate Material Composite|
|Drilled and Tapped for Scope No||MSRP $1,499.99|