TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.
Browning Outdoor Products Administrative Assistant
This position provides analytical and specialized administrative support of a non-routine, non-repetitive nature to assist the Knife/Light Product Manager and the Accessories Product Manager. Responsibilities may include assisting in research and data analysis, preparing and/or maintaining mathematical spreadsheets, dealer recap reports, purchase orders, dealer invoices, new spec numbers, data cost files, cost schedules, packaging needs, salesman's samples, shipping documents, product/purchase order files, ancillary and auditor reports, special department projects and all other special assignments as needed. Career working level computer skills (Microsoft Office or like software applications).
Essential areas of responsibility include:
- Efficiently and accurately prepare spreadsheets, closeout lists, documents, email, memos, letters, and any other administrative duties as assigned by the department.
- Enter purchase orders, rapidly and accurately, to aid in the timely flow of products.
- Prepare and distribute product cost schedules for use by the products department, accounting, and IT.
- Create new adds for data cast file and keep existing file current and accurate.
- Ensure that all specification sheets are current and correct.
- Ensure that all specification sheets and other documents are attached to purchase orders before obtaining signatures and distributing to the vendor and appropriate departments.
- Prepare M-Invoices and shipping documents for domestic and international shipments.
- Monitor delivery schedules and shipments from suppliers to ensure product managers and sales are kept up to date on the deliveries. Make sure inventories are in the proper warehouse to cover dealer orders.
- Create and maintain spec numbers and accompanying information in the system.
- Maintain files for QC reports, spec sheets, labels and packaging.
- Interaction with others internally and externally including international contacts.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); additional administrative assistant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience of at least 1 to 3 years. Attend corporately sponsored skill courses as necessary. Must have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Oracle experience a plus.
Competency-Based Skills/Abilities Include:
- Adaptability: Responds effectively to changing constraints; Adapts own behavior to suit the situation; Understands the drivers of change and anticipates the implications of changing political and practical circumstances
- Decision Making: Makes pragmatic decisions based on range of factors; Able to make decisions quickly where necessary, based on incomplete information; Demonstrates logic to back up decisions
- Takes Initiative: Identifies ways to improve processes/situations; Takes responsibility for improvements and solving problems; Sets own standards above prevailing standards, shows dissatisfaction with substandard and inefficient activities
- Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable - interacts confidently, reads the situation; Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions; Collaborative
- Oral and Written Communication: Uses grammar, vocabulary and style to describe situations, ideas, instructions etc.; Structures communication logically; Listens, responds to prompts and summarizes communications.
Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the brand, its products, markets and mission of Browning and its affiliated companies. Browning is an equal opportunity employer.
Shotgun Firearms Product Manager
Browning located in scenic Mountain Green, Utah is searching for a Shotgun Firearms Product Manager. The ideal candidate for this position would thrive in a competitive fast-paced environment where they would have the opportunity to directly impact company performance. They must have proven marketing and product development experience, a strong desire to make a difference and be a positive role model.
This position is a key position in our Firearms Marketing and Sales Division. The right candidate needs to be able to demonstrate a strong marketing background with an excellent balance of creativity and analytical skills/abilities. The person hired in this position will have the opportunity to establish the long-range firearms strategic marketing plan to support the overall company planning needs of the market, to increase sales, and to build upon a proven track record of new product development as an industry leader in innovation.
As equally important to this position is technical experience. We are seeking the candidate who has firearms technical expertise and/or experience; (design, process engineering, gunsmithing, or manufacturing, etc). The combination of marketing and technical expertise will create an unstoppable passionate candidate for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the approval of the Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Firearms, develop and maintain strategic plans as a long-range guide to growth from within the current line and expansion based upon market needs and trends.
- Prepare forecasts to ensure that an accurate, ongoing budget is realized. Create an innovative product line that annually achieves sales/profit goals.
- In conjunction with Sales, achieve product inventory control to support sales and inventory objectives.
- Establish cost/price/volume relationships and market briefs to maximize competitive positioning through production efficiencies, innovation and product direction.
- Responsible for the Custom Gun Shop and other special firearms projects.
- Maintain open, constructive and constant day to day communications with all firearms suppliers.
- Approve all firearms advertising copy giving emphasis to limit the company's product liability exposure. Initiate the preparation of owner's manuals and POP materials.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing divisions to integrate exciting promotional strategies and develop new methods of moving product in our trade channels.
- Conduct training sessions for all sales personnel to include product information.
- Develop mutually with the worldwide firearms marketing team, an all-inclusive, viable, exciting and constantly evolving firearms offering to achieve a significant market share in selected segments of the firearms industry
- Establish this position as the utmost authority on Browning firearms (Shotguns).
- In conjunction with Sales, develop a thorough understanding of production and finance to help build and achieve an accurate and reliable budget.
- Initiate new product offerings (PAF's) to R&D and manufacturing to ensure a continual flow of new and exciting products into the market.
- Support Sales in the development of exclusive products for key accounts and exclusive industry groups.
- Responsibility for new product delivery for catalog photography, pre-market launch, promotions, shows and sales samples.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To maintain the level of responsibility required entails significant travel, constant study and evaluation and a level of preparation consistent with the position.
Excellent written/oral communications skills are required to energize partners in all stages of the firearms distribution process. Interpersonal and presentation skills are very important. The right candidate will need to be able to function in unpredictable situations and perform well under stressful deadlines.
The right candidate needs to be able to work independently, make decisions under pressure and handle unique and sometimes difficult situations. At times travel will be required as part of the job responsibilities.
The right candidate will stand for and represent high quality in all aspects of this position. Organizational skills must include allocating time and resources most effectively to achieve the desired results.
Above all, the right candidate is one who loves the outdoors, who has a passion for the firearms industry, who knows, uses and loves firearms and has had 10+ years experience in marketing.
If, after reading our requirements, you can’t wait to work for Browning, “The Best There is,” submit your resume.
For Browning and Winchester Product Lines
Browning/Winchester Repeating Arms does not have employment opportunities for sales representative positions. Sales representatives are employed by independent sales companies throughout the United States with whom we have sales and marketing agreements.
Openings at the sales companies are extremely limited. If you have questions regarding their staffing needs, please contact the sales company directly. If you choose to submit a resume, please be aware that the sales companies have limited resources, and will only respond if there is an opening and your resume meets their qualifications.
The address and phone number information above is only updated periodically and is subject to changes at any time. In most cases, if the information above is not accurate, rep groups can be contacted by going directly to their websites using a Google search.