TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: email@example.com, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.
Knife Product Manager
Browning is seeking a Knife Product Manager to join our Outdoor Products Division. The focus of the Knife Product Manager is to develop products that meet the unique cutlery needs within the hunting and shooting industry. The Knife Product Manager will work with the Senior Product Manager and Vice President of Outdoor Products to establish the creation and execution of product concepts, and develop the vision and strategies for the Browning knife line.
The Knife Product Manager is an integral part of a strategic business unit that includes Hunting and Shooting Technical Clothing, Gun Safes, Gun Accessories and Lights. The scope of the product manager’s responsibilities extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new, strategic and profitable knife offerings.
- Use industry experience to build products from existing ideas and help develop new ideas, while maintaining existing, and developing prospective, customers.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, as well as have a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Analyze and identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the competitive knife market to find innovative solutions that maximize available resources.
- Have proven experience working with international and domestic knife factories to ensure on-trend, timely, high quality and profitable products.
- Work with customers, designers, graphic designers, sales and marketing, QC and other teams as necessary to define product release requirements. Working specifically with the sales and marketing teams to achieve revenue growth and with the Advertising department to develop the go-to-market strategy, effectively communicating the product positioning, key features/benefits, and target customer demographics.
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for the knife product line, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Prepare for, and participate in, the annual product line review process while committing to a published schedule resulting in the on-time delivery of sales samples and production upon line approval.
- Manage the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities to achieve financial goals including sales, margin and inventory turns.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits in the field.
- Analyze and qualify factory partner relationships.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Expert knowledge of the knife and cutlery industry and markets. (Mandatory.)
- Market research and competitive analysis skills.
- Advanced competency with MS Word, Excel, PLM software and PowerPoint used to prepare presentations and communicate findings at design reviews and sales meetings.
- Solid knowledge of line planning and product creation processes.
- 10%-20% of time spent traveling, both domestically and internationally.
- Four (4) year Bachelor degree in Marketing, Retail Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience as a knife product manager.
- Must have advanced merchandising skills, competent manufacturing and engineering skills and a thorough understanding of the product creation process.
- Strong business orientation/acumen, analytical aptitude, retail math and basic financial knowledge plus advanced computer skills.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse environment.
- Must have leadership qualities, and the ability to influence others and champion projects.
For Browning and Winchester Product Lines
Browning/Winchester Repeating Arms does not have employment opportunities for sales representative positions. Sales representatives are employed by independent sales companies throughout the United States with whom we have sales and marketing agreements.
Openings at the sales companies are extremely limited. If you have questions regarding their staffing needs, please contact the sales company directly. If you choose to submit a resume, please be aware that the sales companies have limited resources, and will only respond if there is an opening and your resume meets their qualifications.
The address and phone number information above is only updated periodically and is subject to changes at any time. In most cases, if the information above is not accurate, rep groups can be contacted by going directly to their websites using a Google search.