TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.
Knife Product Manager
Browning is seeking a new member of our team who has a passion for the knife product category and finds satisfaction in leading and managing all aspects of their assigned product category. This person will be responsible for working with the Senior Hardgoods Product Manager and Vice President Outdoor Product Division to establish the vision, strategies, executes and creates product concepts for their line. The focus of the Knife PLM is to meet the unique cutlery needs of the consumer in our industry.
As Knife Product Manager, you will be part of a business unit and charged with Knife product line contribution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new profitable products for the company.
As a Browning Product Line Manager you must -
- Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Enjoy spending time in the market to understand our customer’s problems and find innovative solutions using the resources available.
- Be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
- Have proven experience in working with international and domestic knife factories to ensure on trend, timely, high quality, profitable products. Must also work with customers, designers, graphic designers, sales and marketing teams and QC to define product release requirements.
- As the subject matter expert in knives the Knife PM will work with marketing communications to assist in the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer as needed.
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Prepare for and participate in the annual product line review process while committing to a published schedule resulting in the on time delivery of sales samples and production once approved.
- Manage the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities to achieve financial goals including sales, margin and turn.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by visits to customers and non-customers.
- Participate as needed in a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyze and qualify partner factory relationships for the product.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Market Research and competitive analysis skills.
- Advanced competency with MS Word, Excel, PLM software and PowerPoint used to prepare presentations and communicate findings at design reviews and sales meetings.
- Solid knowledge of line planning and product creation processes.
- Must be able to work with the sales and marketing teams to achieve revenue growth; must have business acumen and basic financial knowledge.
- Travel up to 10% - 20% of the time, which may include domestic and international.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, in Marketing, Retail Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of relevant experience as a knife product manager.
- (Required) Expert knowledge of the knife and cutlery industry and markets.
- Must have advanced merchandising skills, competent manufacturing and engineering skills and thorough understanding of the product creation process.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, retail math, and advanced computer skills.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse environment.
- Must have leadership qualities, and the ability to influence others and champion projects.
Customer Service Agent
Browning is searching for a full-time Customer Service Agent. This position requires the candidate to be very polite, dependable and self-motivated. The qualified candidates must have excellent phone skills including the ability to “listen” to what the customer is saying. In addition, Browning is looking for candidates comfortable communicating via email/chat and have the ability to adapt to the latest technologies.
They will be performing duties that require a technical knowledge of Browning and Winchester products. Hunting and shooting experience is a definite plus. The agent must have a great desire to learn as much as possible about Browning and Winchester through catalogs, product classes and sales meetings.
The candidates will need to be flexible, open-minded and have a “team player” attitude. The candidates will be required to attend trade shows as needed and engage the customers in conversation about the Browning and Winchester products.
Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite are required. Knowledge of Oracle is a definite plus.
Essential job duties of this position follows:
- Provide technical support and customer service to consumers.
- Have the ability to adapt and use new technologies as needed.
- Answer e-mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Learn all Browning and Winchester products in order to process consumer questions and orders.
- Attend consumer/dealer shows as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Browning, a leading manufacturer of sporting firearms, hunting accessories, apparel and other related sporting goods, is located in Mountain Green, Utah. Located just 40 miles NE of Salt Lake City, Browning is accessible from all areas of the Wasatch Front. It's scenic beauty and serenity creates an ideal work setting. Looking out the office windows presents a picturesque view of the Rocky Mountains with snow-capped peaks, and surrounding beauty.
Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the brand, its products, markets and mission of Browning and its affiliate companies. Browning offers an excellent wage and benefits package. A few unique benefits include use of trap and skeet ranges, a swimming pool for employee use during the summertime, and a free meal each day provided by an on-site cafeteria! And, of course, a special employee discount on all Browning/Winchester products. The Northern Utah area is a family-friendly environment and offers tremendous opportunities for outdoor recreation, education and cultural enrichment. Browning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Browning and Winchester Product Lines
Browning/Winchester Repeating Arms does not have employment opportunities for sales representative positions. Sales representatives are employed by independent sales companies throughout the United States with whom we have sales and marketing agreements.
Openings at the sales companies are extremely limited. If you have questions regarding their staffing needs, please contact the sales company directly. If you choose to submit a resume, please be aware that the sales companies have limited resources, and will only respond if there is an opening and your resume meets their qualifications.
The address and phone number information above is only updated periodically and is subject to changes at any time. In most cases, if the information above is not accurate, rep groups can be contacted by going directly to their websites using a Google search.