If you want to melt right into the background, the BAR LongTrac in Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity is for you. Full camo coverage means your quarry remains totally clueless until it’s too late. This rugged and powerful autoloading rifle is capable of delivering magnum-level power with pinpoint accuracy. From its alloy receiver and hammer-forged barrel to its multi-lug bolt, this BAR is ready to put rounds right on target and meat on the table. The camo BAR LongTrac is the hunting rifle that sets the bar for every other autoloader on the planet.
- The hammer-forged barrel provides outstanding strength, lasting durability and precise accuracy.
- The barrel’s target-type Crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel Crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- The camo covered aircraft grade alloy receiver on the BAR LongTrac model is drilled and tapped for scope mounts to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform.
- The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with a high-strength multiple lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel.
- The seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength of handle modern magnum class cartridges.
- The strong, rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration.
- The buffering mechanism reduces wear and stress on the rifle’s mechanism for longer life and greater reliability.
- The bolt release lever is incorporated in the BAR’s receiver for maximum reliability and ease of access, even when wearing gloves.
- The floorplate on the BAR LongTrac model is hinged, allowing access to the detachable box magazine for quick and easy loading and unloading.
- Magazine capacity on the BAR LongTrac model is 3 rounds in the magnum calibers and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The BAR’s trigger design provides a crisp pull that breaks like a glass rod.
- The generous trigger guard opening allows easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- The stock and metalwork on the BAR LongTrac camo model are intended to shrug off everyday wear and reduce game-spooking reflections.
- The charging handle on the bolt is sculpted to give you a solid grasp without snagging on your clothing or rifle scabbard.
- The crossbolt safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. You can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- The Composite buttstock on the BAR LongTrac model is user-adjustable for cast-on, cast off and drop at comb via interchangeable shims that insert between the stock and the receiver.
- All Composite stock models of the BAR LongTrac have overmolded panels on the pistol grip and fore-end to improve your grip, something you’ll really appreciate when shooting in cold and wet conditions.
- All camo Composite stock models of the BAR LongTrac have Dura-Touch Armor Coating to protect the camo graphic and further improve your grip.
- The well-formed recoil pad on the BAR LongTrac has optional interchangeable pads to let you adjust length of pull and greatly reduces felt recoil and flinching.
- Sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling.
|LA||031023224||270 Win||22"||42"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||6 lbs 15 oz||$1,359.99|
|LA||031023226||30-06 Spfld||22"||42"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||6 lbs 15 oz||$1,359.99|
|LA||031023227||7mm Rem Mag||24"||44"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 8 oz||$1,459.99|
|LA||031023229||300 Win Mag||24"||44"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 8 oz||$1,459.99|
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.
Still the number one autoloader in the world. Superior accuracy, modern calibers, and incredibly fast. Few hunting rifles in history have achieved the status of the Browning BAR. And no other autoloaders have even come close. The line covers a wide range of tastes from the original styling of the BAR Safari, to the working rifle look of the Stalker version to the feature packed Short and Long Trac versions with modern aesthetics and handling features.
The Browning BAR has a long standing tradition for achieving bolt action like accuracy in an autoloading rifle. Some of this is accounted for in the extreme level of precision and careful craftsmanship that goes into every rifle. But the design really sets it apart. The gas system combined with a 7-lug rotary bolt give the shooting significant recoil reduction for comfort, while at the same time locking in bolt action-like accuracy.
To complete the package, the BAR is available in a full spectrum of calibers from the most popular magnum calibers (including the WSMs) down to long range, high velocity varmint class loads.
- Modern Calibers. The BAR is the king of calibers . . . handling popular big game cartidges up to belted magnums. Did I say including the likes of 338 Win. Mag. and the WSMs? Yes indeed.
- Receiver. The Safari model uses a one-piece ordnance steel receiver that is richly blued with scroll engraving and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Stalker, ShortTracT and LongTracT models have an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy receiver, drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The bolt release lever is incorporated into the receiver.
- Sights. Open sights on the Lightweight Stalker only. The rear sight is click adjustable. Front sight is a gold bead design dovetailed into a hooded ramp.
- Stock and Forearm. The fluted stock design incorporates a full pistol grip with an undercut and is contoured for use with open sights or a scope. The forearm is full and hand-filling. LongTrac and ShortTrac stocks are shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop. Sling swivel studs are installed in the stock and forearm.
- Safety. Crossbolt design with enlarged head.
- Trigger. Short, smooth, single-stage pull. The trigger assembly can be easily removed for maintenance and cleaning. Enlarged trigger guard.
- Magazine. Detachable box magazine with a unique hinged floorplate.
- Action. The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with an extra strong, multiple-lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel. Every cartridge that is loaded into the chamber of the BAR is surrounded by a recessed bolt face, which is encircled by the barrel and then surrounded by the receiver. Three complete rings of steel surround the cartridge. A seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength to handle magnum loads. The strong and very rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration. The buffering system reduces wear and stress on the rifle's mechanism.
- BOSS®. The Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System (BOSS) is available as an option on BAR Safari rifles. The BOSS allows the shooter to fine tune the rifle's accuracy to surpass that of any other autoloader.
- BOSS-CR. The BOSS-CR is available for all BOSS-equipped BARs and offers all the accuracy advantages of the original BOSS without the muzzle brake feature.
- Barrel. Individually machined from hammer-forged, heat-treated billets of steel.
- Safety Lock. All Browning firearms are shipped with a free trigger lock, padlock or chamber lock, depending on model, to assist in the safe storage of firearms.