Home | Articles | * X-Bolt Rifles -- Elegant High End Walnut Versions
* X-Bolt Rifles -- Elegant High End Walnut Versions
Release Date: 6/14/2011
X-Bolt Rifles — High Grade Models
Locating and stalking a trophy whitetail buck, bull elk, desert bighorn or other big game animal takes planning, persistence, patience and a whole lot of luck. If you are able to get close enough to center your scope's crosshairs on the vitals of a once-in-a-lifetime animal, you had better be prepared to take the luck out of the shot and rely on your rifle's accuracy and your own skill.
For those of you who like to look at your rifle as much as shoot it, and just don't want to be without the warmth and recoil controlling heft of solid walnut, a high-grade X-Bolt is the rifle you shouldn't be without. The X-Bolt already has the Total Accuracy advantage. Add to that a fine-fitting, gloss-finished stock like the one shown on the X-Bolt White Gold Medallion shown in the ad to the right, and now you have the total package advantage with a rifle that looks as good as it shoots.
At the heart of the X-Bolt and its Total Accuracy advantage is the Feather Trigger. For accurate shooting there is no substitute for a precision trigger. This advanced three-lever trigger design gives you a crisp feel with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel. In other words, predictable performance that is normally reserved for a custom rifle, aftermarket trigger or trip to the gunsmith. The trigger is adjustable from 3 to 5 lbs. and comes factory pre-set at approximately 3½ lbs. Hard chromed steel components are highly polished on all critical contact surfaces to minimize drag. Precise engagement angles mean the X-Bolt Feather Trigger feels light and stays that way through many thousands of rounds. It all comes wrapped in a lightweight alloy housing.
In addition to the Feather Trigger, the X-Bolt has several other features that give it the Total Accuracy advantage:
• Precision Free-Floated Barrel - A free-floating barrel is essential for utmost accuracy. We float the X-Bolt barrel by bedding the front and rear of the action to maintain proper barrel to stock spacing. A recessed muzzle crown protects the rifling from damage. Barrels are triple checked for interior finish, straightness and air-gauged for uniformity.
• Inflex Technology Recoil Pad - The Inflex Technology recoil pad is standard on every X-Bolt rifle. This ultra soft pad offers the best recoil absorption available on any rifle. The proprietary construction and material promote a directional deflection of recoil forces. When you shoot, the ribs in the Inflex pad pull the stocks comb down and away from your face to increase comfort and reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
• X-Lock™ Scope Mounting System - Securely mounted optics are essential for accuracy and precision on any rifle. To ensure the X-Bolt has the most stable scope mounting system possible, X-Lock mounts feature a four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. With the bases secured at all four corners, you get more accurate placement and more secure attachment to the receiver.
• Magazine - The X-Bolt uses a unique detachable rotary magazine that is made from a durable, lightweight polymer. Cartridges are picked up from the center of the magazine, directly in-line with the bolt, for a straight shot right into the chamber instead of offset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines. An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into your hand. The magazine sits flush with the bottom of the rifle for a sleek appearance. Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried for easy access.
• 60° Bolt Lift - Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly without the scope getting in the way. The bolt is machined from solid steel bar stock for strength and custom rifle precision. Three locking lugs provide exceptional bolt strength.
• Bolt Unlock Button - This neat feature is ergonomically located on top of the bolt handle and allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the safety in the on safe position. The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the ?top-tang safety to provide an extra margin of safety when checking and unloading the chamber. The safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added security.
• Bolt - The bolt is machined from a solid chunk of steel bar stock for strength and custom rifle precision. The three locking lug design offers exceptional strangth.
• Tang Safety - The tang safety is the easiest to reach, most ergonomic in the gun industry.
• Stock - Composite X-Bolt models combine in-molded textured gripping surfaces and Browning’s proven Dura-Touch® Armor Coating for a sure hold and a sleek feel regardless of the weather conditions. Wood stocks are sharply checkered in a functional, stylish pattern to optimize grip.
One last feature of note is the fit of the X-Bolt, which is nothing short of all Browning. The X-Bolt has a trim fore-end that is accomodating of hands of every size. The tight radius pistol grip affords optimal reach to the trigger and aids recoil control. The sleek dimensions make for a rifle that looks and feels light and compact, and comes to the shoulder with an unbelievable ease.
If you have a flash enabled smart phone you can go to Planet X-Bolt right now and learn everything you need to know to make right desision on your next bolt-action rifle purchase.
See all the X-Bolt models and specifications right now. Be sure to click on the "Description" tab when you get there to see even more information.
Click here to request a free copy. It is packed with photos and specifications for our full line of firearms, accessories, cases, knives, lights, gun safes and technical clothing. Request | Download Catalogs