Total Barrel Dynamics
There are generally three aspects to Total Barrel Dynamics.
Importantly, Total Barrel Dynamics is limited to Browning's highest performance shotguns. Some other shotguns have some aspects of the concept, but only a few special shotguns have all. Namely 12 and 20 ga. Citori 725 shotguns, A5 and Maxus shotguns. BT-99 trap guns. Note that no 10 ga., 16 ga., 28 ga. and 410 bore shotguns utilize the system. Nor does any versions of the Browning Silver.
1. Vector Pro
Longer is better. The advantages of a lengthened forcing cone.
- The forcing cone is the tapered transition between the chamber and the bore that constricts the shot column. The longer the forcing cone is, the more gradual the constriction.
- A gradual constriction reduces stress on the shot column as it passes into the bore, resulting in fewer deformed pellets. Less pellet deformation produces more uniform patterns and keeps more pellets in the central part of the pattern. Vector Pro is better than the competitors’ forcing cone designs because of the more gradual constriction.
- Lengthening forcing cones is a popular and expensive aftermarket practice done to increase shot pattern performance. But it comes standard on A5, Maxus, BT-99 and on 12 and 20 gauge Citori and Cynergy models. (Not found on the Browning Silver.)
2. Back-bored Technology
What is back-boring?
- Back-boring enlarges the bore to the maximum diameter to increase shot velocity, minimize pellet deformity for more uniform patterns and reduce felt recoil.
- Extensive testing has shown that Back-Bored Technology reduces the friction between the shot cup and the bore, but does not allow gases to slip past the shot cup that would result in reduced pellet velocity and blown patterns.
- Back-Bore Technology specifications minimize shot deformation and maximize pattern uniformity, consistency and density. Back-Bored Technology is standard on A5, Maxus, BT-99 and on 12 and 20 gauge Citori, Cynergy, BPS and Silver models.
3. Invector-DS or Invector Plus
Taking choke tubes to the max.
- Invector-DS choke tubes combine muzzle-end threads and thin-wall construction for a longer, more gradually tapered choke tube that produces extremely consistent, dense shot patterns.
- From Cylinder to Extra Full, Invector-DS shot patterns tighten consistently in reliable, evenly scaled steps. • Muzzle threads minimize the flare at the end of the barrel for improved shotgun appearance. A slightly lighter overall barrel weight is achieved for faster swinging and improved balance.
- The more gradual taper of Invector-DS choke tubes reduces shot deformation for fewer flyers and gaps in the pattern and allows higher shot velocities for hard hitting performance.
- The “DS” stands for double-seal. Our proprietary differential-banded brass seal compresses against the barrel wall to keep the choke tube threads clean and make installation and removal easier than any other muzzle thread system.
- Invector-DS is standard on A5 and Citori 725 models in 12 and 20 gauge ONLY.