October 2, 2019 — Long range shooters have more specialized rifle options to choose from now than ever before. However, for Total Accuracy, they need only look to Browning and the new X-Bolt Max Varmint/Target.
A highlight of the X-Bolt Max Varmint/Target is the composite Max stock. It features an adjustable comb that allows the shooter to dial-in the fit of the rifle to optimize eye-to-scope alignment. Included stock spacers are easy to fit between the Inflex Technology recoil pad and the stock to adjust the length of pull. A comfortable, upright pistol grip optimizes finger-to-trigger reach. A fore-end mounted Picatinny rail provides a secure location for a bipod and includes an integrated mount for a sling swivel. The horizontal surface on the bottom of the buttstock sends the rifle straight back when shooting from bags, helping to keep the target in the scope so the shooter can watch for bullet impact. The matte black finish minimizes reflection to help hide from cagey varmints.
Bedded into the Max stock is the accurate, award-winning X-Bolt action with matte blued finish. An extended bolt handle makes it faster and easier to operate the bolt. The hand chambered, fluted, 26" stainless steel barrel has a heavy bull profile to offer additional stability. A removable muzzle brake is threaded 5/8"-24 TPI to accommodate a suppressor. A thread protector is included when the muzzle brake is not in use.
Available in a variety of popular short- and long-action calibers, the X-Bolt Max Varmint/Target is available for an MSRP of $1,339.99-$1,399.99 depending on caliber.
- Composite Max Stock with Adjustable Comb, Spacers for Length of Pull Adjustment, Vertical Pistol Grip and Rear Swivel Stud
- Fore-end mounted Picatinny Rail allows mounting both a Bipod and Sling
- Extended Bolt Handle for easier manipulation
- Adjustable Feather Trigger
- X-Lock Scope Mounting System
- Free-Floated, Fluted, Stainless Steel, Heavy Bull Profile Barrel
- Muzzle Break on 5/8"-24 TPI Suppressor Threads (Thread Protector Included)
- Extended Bolt Handle with 60° Lift
- Bolt Unlock Button
- Rotary Magazine
- Top-Tang Safety
- Personalized Bolt Engraving Available
- Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
For more information on Browning products, please visit browning.com.
For Immediate Release: October 2, 2019.