Browning’s AB3 Composite Stalker gives you legendary A-Bolt accuracy and performance in a value-packed platform. The AB3 Stalker combines a matte blued finish barreled action with a rugged matte black synthetic stock to create a high-performance hunting rifle that won’t blow a hole your budget.
- Button-rifled barrel is triple-checked for straightness and interior finish and then air-gauged to ensure a consistent diameter throughout the bore’s length.
- Every AB3 barrel is individually finished with a hand-reamed chamber for tighter tolerances and more precise headspace.
- The barrel’s target-type Crown enables the uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in trajectory. The Crown is recessed to protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- The free-floating barrel eliminates contact interference from the fore-end, enabling the barrel to perform consistently and accurately and reach its full accuracy potential.
- The receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mounts using two 8-40 screws for each base to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform.
- The AB3’s unique integrated trigger design provides a crisp 3½-pound pull that "breaks like glass."
- The generous trigger guard opening allows easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- A robust, precision-machined standard-length steel action allows you to mount your scope extremely close to the center of the bore to minimize the offset between the bore centerline and the optical centerline.
- The fast 60° bolt lift keeps your thumb and fingers clear of the scope when cycling the action and allows the bolt to be operated in a smoother/quicker motion.
- The bolt body is plated with matte electroless nickel for smother operation and added corrosion resistance.
- The Bolt Unlock Button allows you to unload the chamber with the safety in the on-safe position for an added margin of safety.
- The top-tang safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. You can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- The detachable staggered box magazine has a rugged formed steel body and feed lips for added durability, plus a tough polymer baseplate and shoulder that’s designed to stop the forward movement of the cartridges. This helps prevent recoil-induced bullet tip deformation and bullet setback in the cartridge case.
- Magazine capacity is 3 rounds in magnum calibers, and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad uses directional deflection to pull the stock down and away from your face when firing to reduce felt recoil and flinching.
- A durable matte blued steel finish on all external surfaces minimizes reflection and provides resistance to corrosion.
- The rugged synthetic stock with molded-in matte black color and textured gripping surfaces can stand up to virtually anything you (or Mother Nature) can dish out.
- Steel sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling or bipod.
|LA||035800224||270 Win||22"||42 3/4"||13 5/8"||11/16"||1/2"||6 lbs 13 oz||$599.99|
|LA||035800226||30-06 Spfld||22"||42 3/4"||13 5/8"||11/16"||1/2"||6 lbs 13 oz||$599.99|
|LA||035800227||7mm Rem Mag||26"||46 3/4"||13 5/8"||11/16"||1/2"||6 lbs 10 oz||$599.99|
|LA||035800229||300 Win Mag||26"||46 3/4"||13 5/8"||11/16"||1/2"||6 lbs 10 oz||$599.99|
Weights listed are approximate.
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.
Accuracy. Precision. Value. The time-tested, field-proven experience and outright accuracy and reliability of an A-Bolt rifle is tough to beat. With the new AB3, you add value to the A-Bolt legend. This new rifle combines streamlined manufacturing and Browning quality to produce a high performance rifle that doesn't break your budget.
The AB3 includes a host of features you'll also find on the X-Bolt rifle, notably the barrel. Arguably the most important factor in accuracy, the AB3 sports a high quality barrel that is made from cold-rolled steel and precision button-rifled. A premium Inflex Technology recoil pad reduces felt recoil by absorbing recoil and using directional deflection to pull the comb down and away from your face when shooting. The bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be opened with the top tang safety in the on safe position.
Today's firearms market has many different offerings in bolt action rifles and making a decision can be daunting. But it need not be. With the AB3 you can have the accuracy and performance you demand in a hunting rifle with more money left over for ammunition.
ACCURACY. PRECISION. VALUE.
- New bolt action design
- New detachable box magazine
- New integrated trigger design
- New composite stock designs
- Top tang safety
- Bolt unlock button
- Precision button-rifled barrel
- Fast cycling 60° bolt lift
- Inflex Technology recoil pad
RECEIVER – Steel; Matte blued finish; Drilled
BARREL – Matte blued finish; Free-floating; Hand chambered; Target crown
ACTION – Bolt-action; 60° bolt lift; Drop out box magazine; Top tang safety; Bolt unlock button
STOCK – Composite; Matte black; Textured gripping areas; Right-hand palm swell
FEATURES – Inflex Technology recoil pad; Sling swivel studs installed