RMEF X-Bolt Special Hunter
Special edition RMEF, raised cheek piece, satin walnut rosewood stock, matte blue, detachable rotary magazine, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger, bolt-action
This rifle features a raised cheekpiece or comb which you can see in the profile above. This helps to direct recoil into the shoulder area and gets the shooter's line-of-sight lined quickly with the scope. It is a feature that seasoned hunters look for in a high-powered rifle. The Special Hunter features a fine low-luster bluing on the barrel and receiver with a satin-finished Walnut stock. It also bears the logo of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation on the grip cap. This is a tribute to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and a percentage of sales from this rifle goes to help support habitat, range, health and studies of elk throughout the United States. This is a worthy cause, supported by worthy firearms and true hunters.
- Button-rifled barrel is triple checked for quality and individually hand chambered and air gauged to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- The target Crown enables the uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the barrel, preventing a shift in trajectory. The Crown is recessed to protect it from accidental damage that degrades accuracy.
- Free floated barrel eliminates contact interference from the fore-end, enabling the superior barrel craftsmanship to perform consistently and accurately.
- Drilled and tapped for X-Lock scope mounts that use four screws for each base to provide a rock solid optic platform.
- Adjustable Feather Trigger minimizes the "human factor" by eliminating creep and take-up — providing a crisp trigger pull that "breaks like glass."
- Low profile action allows you to mount the scope extremely close to the center of the bore to minimize the offset between point of aim and Point of Impact.
- 60° bolt lift keeps the thumb and fingers clear of the scope when cycling the action and allows the bolt to be operated in a smoother/quicker motion.
- Top-tang safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. The shooter can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- Detachable rotary magazine is built from tough polymer and is designed to stop forward movement of the cartridge by contacting the shoulder of the case rather than the tip of the projectile. This prevents bullet tip deformation and recoil induced bullet seating depth change.
- Bolt Unlock Button allows the bolt to be cycled with the safety engaged.
- Innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad uses directional deflection to pull the stock down and away from the face to reduce perceived recoil.
- Durable low-luster blued finish reduces reflective glare
- The high grade Walnut stock with detailed checkering provides classic good looks.
- A satin gloss finish provides protection and enhances the natural beauty of the hardwood.
- The raised cheek piece helps to direct recoil into the shoulder area and quickly puts the shooter's line of sight in alignment with the scope
|SA||035218277||325 WSM||23"||42 3/4"||13 5/8"||3/4"||1 7/16"||7 lbs. 3 oz.||$1,099.99|
Weights listed are approximate. Drop at comb and heel are measured from centerline of bore.
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.