Rugged yet regal, the BLR Lightweight Stainless with Pistol Grip is ready and waiting to be your next lever-action hunting rifle. The gloss finish on the Walnut stock contrasts beautifully with the satin-nickel finish on the receiver and the matte finish on the stainless barrel. This is what a serious lever-action rifle should be, and what every other lever-action wishes it was.
- To assure accuracy, the button-rifled barrel is triple-checked for straightness and interior finish and then air-gauged to ensure a consistent diameter throughout the bore’s length.
- Every BLR barrel is individually finished with a hand-reamed chamber for tighter tolerances and more precise headspace.
- On the muzzle, a target-type Crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel Crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- Standard sights include a Low-Profile adjustable square notch rear sight and a high-visibility front blade with gold bead fitted on a raised ramp-style base.
- Beautiful satin nickel finish on the receiver matching the satin stainless barrel finish.
- Expect years of dependable service with the aircraft grade alloy receiver, precision machined to provide outstanding reliability.
- Inside the slick-sided receiver is the BLR’s lightning fast, glass-smooth rack and pinion lever action. This is a unique system that uses gears on the lever to move actuate the bolt by engaging matching gears on the bottom of the bolt.
- A rotating multi-lug bolt head that locks into the barrel extension to produce bolt-action accuracy and magnum-level strength.
- Strong enough to use today’s most popular magnum cartridges, giving you the extended reach and flat bullet trajectory other lever-action owners can only dream of. This is an uncommon feature among other lever actions on the market.
- A recessed bolt face surrounds the cartridge head for added strength and lasting dependability.
- Its generously-sized side ejection port allows fired cases to instantly clear the action without hitting you or your scope and bouncing back onto the receiver, potentially creating a jam.
- Features a unique folding hammer providing an added measure of safety when the hammer is at half-cock, having two positions in that mode so the status of the rifle can be instantly seen and felt.
- The folding hammer has four basic positions; Full-cock, half-cock, folded hammer position and the dropped or fired position.
- Because the trigger travels along with the lever as it’s cycled, pinching your fingers between the lever and trigger on closing the action is a thing of the past.
- With you finder on the trigger you will notice that it is nice and wide with vertical friction ribs to prevent your finger from slipping, giving you more precise trigger control for those demanding long-range shots.
- Reloading, both in the field and on the range is easy and fast with the detachable steel box magazine.
- Unlike lever actions with tubular magazines, the BLR’s detachable steel box magazine lets you use aerodynamically-superior pointed bullets, which opens up a whole new world of ballistic performance that is usually found in bolt-action and autoloading rifles.
- Magazine capacity is 3 rounds in the magnum calibers and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The BLR’s stock is sculpted from fine Walnut and the cut checkering in the grip and fore-end is crisply executed for lasting good looks and a more solid grip.
- The excellent feel when shoulder is in part due to the pistol grip stock which is contoured for maximum comfort. The flared Schnabel fore-end tip adds a classic touch of style.
- A deep, glossy finish brings out every nuance of the wood’s warm color and grain.
- For comfort, it is fitted with a well-formed recoil pad that helps reduce felt recoil and flinching.
- Steel sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling or bipod.
|SA||034018108||223 Rem||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018109||22-250 Rem||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018111||243 Win||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018116||7mm-08 Rem||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018118||308 Win||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018120||358 Win||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 8 oz||$1,099.99|
|LA||034018124||270 Win||22"||43"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||7 lbs 4 oz||$1,149.99|
|LA||034018126||30-06 Spfld||22"||43"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||7 lbs 4 oz||$1,149.99|
|LA||034018127||7mm Rem Mag||24"||45"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||7 lbs 12 oz||$1,149.99|
|LA||034018129||300 Win Mag||24"||45"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||7 lbs 12 oz||$1,149.99|
|SA||034018146||300 WSM||22"||42"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 12 oz||$1,179.99|
|SA||034018148||270 WSM||22"||42"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 12 oz||$1,179.99|
|SA||034018149||7mm WSM||22"||42"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 12 oz||$1,179.99|
|SA||034018150||450 Mar||20"||40"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||7 lbs 0 oz||$1,099.99|
|SA||034018177||325 WSM||22"||42"||13 3/4"||7/8"||15/16"||6 lbs 12 oz||$1,179.99|
Weights listed are approximate. Drop at comb measured from centerline of bore.
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.
Short Action. Long Action. Ready for Any Action.
As a rule, lever-action aficionados have always had to trade away power and accuracy for quick handling and easy carrying. With the Browning BLR those compromises are a thing of the past. The design of the BLR is as modern as tomorrow with an aircraft-grade alloy receiver, glass-smooth rack and pinion system and multi-lug rotating bolt that handles many of the most popular magnum cartridges, including the fast new WSMs. The exceptional accuracy of the BLR comes from its precision machined, button-rifled barrel that puts those fast-stepping magnum bullets exactly where they're wanted. Add in the advantages of several great stock designs and finishes, a detachable box magazine, low profile adjustable sights and a wide, grooved trigger that travels with the lever to avoid pinching fingers and it's clear the Browning BLR is ready for any action.
You are never limited to flat nose bullets. Most lever-action rifles suffer from accuracy problems caused by the limitations of the flat-nosed ammunition for which they are chambered. Not the Browning BLR. The BLR utilizes a reliable box magazine that protects bullet tips and allows it to fire powerful game-dropping magnum cartridges. An extremely smooth rack and pinion-driven bolt locks tight to the barrel and gives the BLR the kind of superior accuracy that rivals many bolt-actions.
The fold-down hammer has two positions at half-cock so the status of the rifle is readily seen. The folding hammer provides an added measure of safety when the hammer is at half-cock. The hammer has four basic positions: Full-cock, half-cock, folded hammer position and dropped, or fired position.
Advanced, lightning fast, glass-smooth rack and pinion lever-action. Strong rotating head, multiple-lug breech bolt with a recessed bolt face and side ejection.
Lightweight, sturdy machined aircraft-grade aluminum. Drilled and tapped to accept scope mounts.
Low profile, square notch, screw adjustable rear sight aligns easily with a highly visible gold bead on raised ramp front sight.
Individually machined, precision button-rifled, heat-treated chromoly steel. Crowned muzzle. Barrels are triple checked for interior finish, straightness and air-gauged for uniformity.
Wide groove design trigger with short, smooth pull of approximately 4½ lbs. Trigger travels with lever.
Stock and Forearm
American walnut, straight '81-style with classic round forearm or pistol grip stock with Schnabel forearm. High-gloss finish. Checkered.
The flush-mounted detachable box magazine has a capacity of three magnum or four standard rounds, plus one in the chamber.
All Browning firearms are shipped with a free trigger lock, cable lock, padlock (shown) or chamber lock, depending on model, to assist in the safe storage of firearms.
Deluxe recoil pad standard.
Use #123-53 for BLR Lightweight '81 and pistol grip model. #123-52 for discontinued Model '81 BLR.
BLR Takedown models are just as accurate and reliable as their unified counterparts but much easier to transport and store. The rifle is easily and quickly assembled without tools by simply sliding the barrel half into the receiver half and locking them together with the flip of a lever. The lever mechanically engages a stout locking lug into a recess in the bottom of the receiver. The system is rugged, precise and blends seamlessly into the styling of the rifle.
A scout-style scope mount is available as an accessory for BLR Takedown models. This one-piece alloy base mounts forward of the receiver and stays attached to the barrel half of the rifle when disassembled to retain the scope’s zero. A long eye-relief scope is required (not included). The receiver is also drilled and tapped for conventional scope bases and rings (not included). Three scout-style scope mounts are available for BLR Scout models, depending on the caliber.
In some cases rifles are shown with a scope mounted. This is for illustrative purposes only. No rifles comes with a scop except rifles specificially indicated as being part of a "scoped package." No others have scopes.