- RECEIVER – Aircraft-grade alloy; Matte black finish; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- BARREL – Matte blued finish; Hammer forged
- ACTION – Gas-operated autoloader; Multi-lug rotary bolt; Detachable box magazine; Composite trigger guard and floorplate; Crossbolt safety
- STOCK – Composite; Desert Tan finish; Black overmolded gripping panels; Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- FEATURES – Interchangeable recoil pad (See page 68 of the 2014 Hunting & Shooting Workbook for additional pads); Sling swivel studs installed
|LA||031040224||270 Win||"||22"||42"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||6 lbs 15 oz||$1,199.99|
|LA||031040226||30-06 Spfld||"||22"||42"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||6 lbs 15 oz||$1,199.99|
|LA||031040227||7mm Rem Mag||"||24"||44"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 8 oz||$1,269.99|
|LA||031040229||300 Win Mag||"||24"||44"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 8 oz||$1,269.99|
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.
SHOT Show Specials are unique products specially designed to be offered to dealers at the annual SHOT Show. They are not in the catalog and they are different from the catalog product -- sometimes substantially. These are often smaller runs of products with special features and configurations. It is often necessary to call several dealers before locating one of these due to their very limited distribution.
Still the number one autoloader in the world. Superior accuracy, modern calibers, and incredibly fast. Few hunting rifles in history have achieved the status of the Browning BAR. And no other autoloaders have even come close. The line covers a wide range of tastes from the original styling of the BAR Safari, to the working rifle look of the Stalker version to the feature packed Short and Long Trac versions with modern aesthetics and handling features.
The Browning BAR has a long standing tradition for achieving bolt action like accuracy in an autoloading rifle. Some of this is accounted for in the extreme level of precision and careful craftsmanship that goes into every rifle. But the design really sets it apart. The gas system combined with a 7-lug rotary bolt give the shooting significant recoil reduction for comfort, while at the same time locking in bolt action-like accuracy.
To complete the package, the BAR is available in a full spectrum of calibers from the most popular magnum calibers (including the WSMs) down to long range, high velocity varmint class loads.
- Modern Calibers. The BAR is the king of calibers . . . handling popular big game cartidges up to belted magnums. Did I say including the likes of 338 Win. Mag. and the WSMs? Yes indeed.
- Receiver. The Safari model uses a one-piece ordnance steel receiver that is richly blued with scroll engraving and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Stalker, ShortTracT and LongTracT models have an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy receiver, drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The bolt release lever is incorporated into the receiver.
- Sights. Open sights on the Lightweight Stalker only. The rear sight is click adjustable. Front sight is a gold bead design dovetailed into a hooded ramp.
- Stock and Forearm. The fluted stock design incorporates a full pistol grip with an undercut and is contoured for use with open sights or a scope. The forearm is full and hand-filling. LongTrac and ShortTrac stocks are shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop. Sling swivel studs are installed in the stock and forearm.
- Safety. Crossbolt design with enlarged head.
- Trigger. Short, smooth, single-stage pull. The trigger assembly can be easily removed for maintenance and cleaning. Enlarged trigger guard.
- Magazine. Detachable box magazine with a unique hinged floorplate.
- Action. The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with an extra strong, multiple-lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel. Every cartridge that is loaded into the chamber of the BAR is surrounded by a recessed bolt face, which is encircled by the barrel and then surrounded by the receiver. Three complete rings of steel surround the cartridge. A seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength to handle magnum loads. The strong and very rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration. The buffering system reduces wear and stress on the rifle's mechanism.
- BOSS®. The Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System (BOSS) is available as an option on BAR Safari rifles. The BOSS allows the shooter to fine tune the rifle's accuracy to surpass that of any other autoloader.
- BOSS-CR. The BOSS-CR is available for all BOSS-equipped BARs and offers all the accuracy advantages of the original BOSS without the muzzle brake feature.
- Barrel. Individually machined from hammer-forged, heat-treated billets of steel.
- Safety Lock. All Browning firearms are shipped with a free trigger lock, padlock or chamber lock, depending on model, to assist in the safe storage of firearms.