X-Bolt Varmint Special
Altamont Paladin green laminate stock, medium heavy barrel, matte blued, detachable rotary magazine, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger, bolt-action
The X-Bolt Varmint Special pushes the concept of function driven design with extreme style. The specially designed wood Laminate stock is crafted by Altamont Paladin, a renowned designer and manufacturer of firearms stocks and grips. This stock, designed to be fired from the prone or bench, is crafted to provide a comfortable firing position for the shooter, reducing fatigue and increasing stability. The "hook" on the bottom of the butt allows for an isometric grip with the non-firing hand and can be used in conjunction with a "rabbit ear" style sandbag.
The ergonomic features of the grip angle, thumb hole stock and cheek rest, are purposed to promote a proper grip that won't shift when firing, and allow excellent alignment with your optic. The vented free float fore arm promotes uniform barrel cooling for minimal Point of Impact shift as more rounds are fired in quick succession.The Paladin stock is designed for advanced varmint shooting. Special attention has been placed on eliminating any weakness that could possibly compromise flexural strength - the end result being a stock that is a superbly accurate platform for shooting from the bench or prone supported positions as well as from the off-hand. Each stock is hand finished, fitted and bedded to each action individually. The resin impregnated wood Laminate is sealed to make it impervious to moisture and temperature affects that can cause warping effects that change Point of Impact and barrel harmonics.The vented free float fore arm promotes uniform barrel cooling for minimal Point of Impact shift as more rounds are fired in quick succession.
- Custom grade Altamont Palidan wood Laminate stock designed for accuracy from the bench, off a bipod and off hand.
- Butt stock hook for isometric grip or use with a sandbag helps to provide steady aim.
- Pistol grip features sharp checkering to reduce movement of the firing hand while squeezing the trigger - the right hand palm swell and ergonomically angled grip promote proper trigger squeeze and a comfortable firing position.
- Thumbhole Stock with raised cheek piece maximizes the surface available for a firm cheek to stock "weld" in different positions - standing, kneeling, sitting and prone.
- Forearm vents are designed to add style while uniformly cooling the barrel - vital to accurate sustained fire.
- Angled fore end palm rest is designed to position your non-firing hand in a comfortable position during off hand shooting
- Heavy barrel causes the rifle to lay in the rest or on a bi-pod with much more stability, also controls barrel whip, vibration, recoil and barrel heating/cooling, further enhancing accuracy.
- Durable low-luster blued finish reduces reflective glare
- Button-Rifled barrel is triple checked for quality and individually hand chambered and air gauged to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- The target Crown enables the uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the barrel, preventing a shift in trajectory. The Crown is recessed to protect it from accidental damage that degrades accuracy.
- Free floated barrel eliminates contact interference from the fore-end, enabling the superior barrel craftsmanship to perform consistently and accurately.
- Drilled and tapped for X-Lock scope mounts that use four screws for each base to provide a rock solid optic platform.
- Adjustable Feather Trigger minimizes the "human factor" by eliminating creep and take-up — providing a crisp trigger pull that "breaks like glass."
- Low profile action allows you to mount the scope extremely close to the center of the bore to minimize the offset between point of aim and Point of Impact.
- 60° bolt lift keeps the thumb and fingers clear of the scope when cycling the action and allows the bolt to be operated in a smoother/quicker motion.
- Top-tang safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. The shooter can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- Detachable Rotary magazine is built from tough polymer and is designed to stop forward movement of the cartridge by contacting the shoulder of the case rather than the tip of the projectile. This prevents bullet tip deformation and recoil induced bullet seating depth change.
- Bolt Unlock Button allows the bolt to be cycled with the safety engaged.
- Innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad uses directional deflection to pull the stock down and away from the face to reduce perceived recoil.
(Note: The items listed on this page are not in current production. The MSRP listed here is the MSRP for the last year that this item was in the catalog. Images and descriptions shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.)
This product has limited distribution. For more information about this firearm please contact:
Open to Any Dealer
Learn more about limited distribution firearms.
|Last Year Cataloged||Item #||Caliber||Barrel
|2014||SSA||035264208||223 Rem||24"||43 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 8 oz||$839.99|
|2014||SSA||035264209||22-250 Rem||26"||45 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 11 oz||$839.99|
|2012||SA||035265211||243 Win||24"||43 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 10 oz||$839.00|
|2012||SA||035265216||7mm-08 Rem||24"||43 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 10 oz||$839.00|
|2014||SA||035265218||308 Win||24"||43 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 10 oz||$839.99|
|2012||SA||035265246||300 WSM||26"||45 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 11 oz||$879.00|
|2012||SA||035265248||270 WSM||26"||45 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 11 oz||$879.00|
|2012||SA||035265249||7mm WSM||26"||45 3/4"||13 5/8"||7/8"||2"||8 lbs 11 oz||$879.00|
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.