BAR ShortTrac, Left Hand, Oil Finish
Short action, left handed, gloss oil finish grade II select walnut stock, satin nickel receiver, polished blued barrel, semi automatic gas piston operation, rifle
Don’t let the stunning appearance of the BAR ShortTrac fool you. Underneath the attractive exterior is a rugged and powerful autoloading rifle capable of delivering magnum-level power with pinpoint accuracy. From its satin nickel receiver finish and hammer-forged barrel to its multi-lug bolt and oil finished Grade II select Walnut stock, the BAR ShortTrac is ready to put rounds right on target and meat on the table. The BAR ShortTrac is the hunting rifle that sets the bar for every other autoloader on the planet.
- The hammer-forged barrel provides outstanding strength, lasting durability and precise accuracy.
- The barrel’s target-type Crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel Crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- The satin nickel plated aircraft grade alloy receiver on the BAR ShortTrac model is drilled and tapped for scope mounts to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform.
- The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with a high-strength multiple lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel.
- The seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength of handle modern magnum class cartridges.
- The strong, rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration.
- The buffering mechanism reduces wear and stress on the rifle’s mechanism for longer life and greater reliability.
- The bolt release lever is incorporated in the BAR’s receiver for maximum reliability and ease of access, even when wearing gloves.
- The floorplate on the BAR ShortTrac model is hinged, allowing access to the detachable box magazine for quick and easy loading and unloading.
- Magazine capacity on the BAR ShortTrac model is 3 rounds in the magnum calibers and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The BAR’s trigger design provides a crisp pull that breaks like a glass rod.
- The generous trigger guard opening allows easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- The metalwork on the BAR ShortTrac model has a subtle matte finish that is intended to shrug off everyday wear and reduce game-spooking reflections.
- The charging handle on the bolt is sculpted to give you a solid grasp without snagging on your clothing or rifle scabbard.
- The crossbolt safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. You can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- The Checkered Walnut buttstock on the BAR ShortTrac model is user-adjustable for cast-on, cast off and drop at comb via interchangeable shims that insert between the stock and the receiver.
- The well-formed recoil pad on the BAR ShortTrac has optional interchangeable pads to let you adjust length of pull and greatly reduces felt recoil and flinching.
- Sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling.
(Note: The items listed on this page are not in current production. The MSRP listed here is the MSRP for the last year that this item was in the catalog. Images and descriptions shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.)
|Last Year Cataloged||Item #||Caliber||Barrel
|2014||SA||031535249||7mm WSM||23"||42 1/2"||13 1/4"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 4 oz||$1,359.99|
|2014||SA||031535277||325 WSM||23"||42 1/2"||13 1/4"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 4 oz||$1,359.99|
Weight will vary due to bore size. Weights listed are approximate. Drop at comb measured from centerline of bore.
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.