BAR ShortTrac Stalker
Black Dura-Touch armor coating with positive grip surfaces, short action, hinged floorplate with detachable box magazine, gas piston operated semi auto hunting rifle
Stealth is the name of the game with the BAR ShortTrac Stalker. This rugged and powerful autoloading rifle is capable of delivering magnum-level power with pinpoint accuracy. From its matte black alloy receiver and hammer-forged barrel to its multi-lug bolt, this BAR is ready to put rounds right on target and meat on the table. The BAR ShortTrac Stalker is the hunting rifle that sets the bar for every other autoloader on the planet.
- The hammer-forged barrel provides outstanding strength, lasting durability and precise accuracy.
- The barrel’s target-type Crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel Crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- The matte black aircraft grade alloy receiver on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker model is drilled and tapped for scope mounts to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform.
- The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with a high-strength multiple lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel.
- The seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength of handle modern magnum class cartridges.
- The strong, rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration.
- The buffering mechanism reduces wear and stress on the rifle’s mechanism for longer life and greater reliability.
- The bolt release lever is incorporated in the BAR’s receiver for maximum reliability and ease of access, even when wearing gloves.
- The floorplate on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker model is hinged, allowing access to the detachable box magazine for quick and easy loading and unloading.
- Magazine capacity on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker model is 3 rounds in the magnum calibers and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The BAR’s trigger design provides a crisp pull that breaks like a glass rod.
- The generous trigger guard opening allows easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- The stock and metalwork on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker model are intended to shrug off everyday wear and reduce game-spooking reflections.
- The charging handle on the bolt is sculpted to give you a solid grasp without snagging on your clothing or rifle scabbard.
- The crossbolt safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. You can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- The Composite buttstock on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker model is user-adjustable for cast-on, cast off and drop at comb via interchangeable shims that insert between the stock and the receiver.
- All Composite stock models of the BAR ShortTrac Stalker have overmolded panels on the pistol grip and fore-end to improve your grip, something you’ll really appreciate when shooting in cold and wet conditions.
- The well-formed recoil pad on the BAR ShortTrac Stalker has optional interchangeable pads to let you adjust length of pull and greatly reduces felt recoil and flinching.
Sling swivel studs are pre-installed for easy mounting of your sling.
(Note: The items listed on this page are not in current production. The MSRP listed here is the MSRP for the last year that this item was in the catalog. Images and descriptions shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.)
This product has limited distribution. For more information about this firearm please contact:
Open to Any Dealer
Learn more about limited distribution firearms.
|Last Year Cataloged||Item #||Caliber||Barrel
|2013||SA||031330249||7mm WSM||23"||42 1/2"||13 5/8"||5/8"||1 1/8"||7 lbs 4 oz||$1,349.99|
NOTE: Weight will vary due to bore size. Weights listed are approximate. Drop at comb measured from centerline of bore.
Images, photographs, etc. shown do not necessarily represent the product in its entirety. They are shown for examples only.