The lightweight Nitro is our most powerful headlamp, sure to find a way through the darkest night. The Luxeon® Rebel LED features 2.5 hours of run time. Four colored LEDs back up the main bulb. A lock-out switch prevents the Nitro from accidentally being turned on. Sturdy ABS construction is capped off with a rugged aluminum bezel ring that provides additional LED and lens protection. Use with either the comfortable headstrap or hat clip.
Martin Buser and his Happy Trails Kennels sled dog teams have won the grueling 1,161 mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race an impressive four times. Their 1997 victory still holds the course record for the fastest finish time. Martin has relied on the Browning Nitro headlamp since 2008 to steer his team through the darkest Alaskan nights.
“I am always searching for durable, unique products to give me an edge. The long-reaching, focused beam of the Nitro stretches past 80 feet of the sled team and makes finding trail markers easier. The lithium batteries are great because they last longer and are less affected by the cold than alkaline batteries.”
— MARTIN BUSER
Our brightest, most-powerful headlamp
· Luxeon® Rebel LED shines 100 meters on high setting; plus two red and two green LEDs
· Lock-out switch with settings for high and low · Unbreakable LEDs are rated for 100,000 hours use
· CR123A battery operates to -40° F · Includes headstrap, or use with hat clip
· Glass-fiber reinforced polycarbonate housing with aluminum lens ring
· Silent Hinge™ for stealth · Brightness: 110 lumens
· Effective distance: 100 meters