Western Hunting & Conservation Expo 2016.
A few reasons to make sure you attend this year.
- 200 Utah premium, limited entry, and once-in-a-lifetime trophy hunting tags will be available to any and all sportsmen (not on revocation) by public drawing for $5 per hunt unit application fee to those who apply and then validate their application in person at the Hunting Expo. No person may apply on behalf of another.
- 5 Utah once-in-a-lifetime trophy tags will be made available for non-residents only, including 1 Desert Bighorn Sheep, 1 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, 1 Shiras Moose, 1 Mountain Goat and 1 Bison.
- In addition to the two hundred draw permits, the greatest collection of Governor’s hunting tags and auction permits ever assembled will also be auctioned at special events during the Hunting Expo bringing the certain attendance of additional hunters from many parts of North America. These permits will sell for $20,000 - $250,000 each!
- You can apply for all available permits at the Hunting Expo. Your bonus points and waiting period are not affected if you draw out for a limited-entry permit. If you draw out for an once-in-a-lifetime permit, you will get the waiting period for that species in the Utah Big Game Draw. However; you will not earn bonus points when applying for these permits.
- Any person may apply for any or all available permits at the Hunting Expo regardless of what permits he/she may have drawn in previous Utah public draws (unless the person is on revocation).
- You must have a valid hunting or combination license when applying for the permits. You may also purchase a license in advance at wildlife.utah.gov.
- If you draw one of these great permits you may still apply in the traditional Utah Big Game drawing that is open from January 28 – March 3, 2016. If you draw a Utah permit in the traditional draw for the same species you may only accept one of the two permits, it's your choice.
- The drawing will be conducted within five days of the close of the Hunt-Expo.
- Those who are expected to attend the Hunting Expo include some of the more than 650,000 hunters living within a day’s drive of Salt Lake City. However, many sportsmen will be flying in to Salt Lake City from all parts of North America.
- An estimated 43,000 sportsmen are expected to converge on downtown Salt Lake City within the four days.
- 400+ exhibitors, outfitters, sporting goods manufacturers, and hunting experts from the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Africa, Russia, Tajikistan, New Zealand and other international hunting locations will exhibit their diverse hunting adventures, hunting equipment, and related products and services within the Salt Palace Convention Center.
- According to the Salt Lake Visitor’s & Convention Bureau, the Hunting Expo ranks among the state’s top 10 conventions in terms of its overall size.
- The impact to the state and local economies is conservatively estimated at $10 million, including 3,000 hotel rooms, thousands of restaurant meals, and additional expenditures by exhibitors and attendees.
- The two conservation organizations anticipate raising an additional $10 million for wildlife conservation throughout the four-day event.
- Event organizers project an additional $10 million in bookings, new business, and sales to be generated for and in behalf of exhibitors during the event.
- Millions of dollars in private money, labor, and materials has been donated by the two conservation organizations directly benefiting Utah wildlife through wildlife habitat rehabilitation projects, winter range land purchases, bighorn sheep and wild turkey transplants, and watershed projects. The Hunting Expo will produce millions more.